Friends of Langport Surgery (FoLS)
Friends of Langport Surgery (FoLS) is a member of the national association of patient participation groups.
What is a Patient Participation Group?
As a patient of Langport Surgery you can have a view on the things that matter in your health service.
Langport Surgery’s patient participation group is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
How do the FoLS contribute to the Surgery?
They provide a voice for patient feedback, raise awareness on issues that affect the surgery and its patients, promote patient health education and fundraise for materials/events that benefit the patients of Langport Surgery.
FoLS has funded the purchase of equipment such as otoscopes, blood glucose monitors and blood pressure machines for our Trainee GPs, medical equipment for our Nursing Team, resuscitation educational sessions for staff as well as a monthly magazine subscription for the waiting room and support at Patient Education Evenings.
You can find more information on upcoming Patient Education Evenings HERE.
The aims of this group are:
- to give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their practice
- to provide the means for patients to make suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare
- to encourage health education activities within the practice
- to develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- to act as a representative group that can be called on to influence the local provision of health and social care
See the FoLS Constitution
If you would like to be part of this group please fill in the form below or contact Reception on 01458 250464 for more information.
The objectives of this group are to provide:
- feedback from patients eg appointments, consultation times, need for noticeboards etc
- health promotion days eg diabetes, first aid training etc
- voluntary activities eg providing transport, establishing carers’ groups
- fund-raising eg for equipment such as wheelchairs, refreshment machine
- information by way of newsletters, practice leaflets etc.
More information about Patient Participation Groups can be found on The National Association for Patient Participation website.
Virtual Patient Participation Group
Would you like to have your say about the services provided at Langport Surgery but don’t have the time to come to our meetings? Then you may like to join our Virtual Patient Participation Group and help us shape the future.
See more information about the Virtual Patient Participation Group.
FoLS Lucky Numbers Club
The FoLS propose a monthly Lucky Numbers Club to provide a regular income to continue this important work as well as the chance to win cash prizes every month. This would be an annual subscription of £12.00 representing 12 monthly payments of £1.00 for one entry in the monthly draw. There will be no maximum so you can either have one entry or as many as you like.
Would you be interested in taking part in the proposed monthly Lucky Number Club? Download the application form below or collect one from the waiting room. Once we have your completed form you will be contacted by a member of the FoLS.
Would you like to join the FoLS Committee?
Please fill out the below committee member application form.